Found this recipe in some old boxes. I'm not sure how useful it is.
- 1 1/2 c confectioner's sugar
- 1 c butter
- 1 egg
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 t almond extract
- 1 pkt kool-ade (sugar-free)
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1 t cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (175 degrees celsius). Lightly grease your cookie sheets
- Mix the sugar, shortening, egg, vanilla, and almond extract until creamy. Mix in the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Make several small balls of dough. roll out dough to about 1/8 or 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes with well floured cookie cutters. If desired, press candies, raisins, nuts, or sprinkles into cookies. Place cookies onto the prepared sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 celsius) for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on whether you like hard or soft cookies. Remove cookies and let cool on a rack. Serve warm with a glass of milk. They are also good with ice cream wedged in the middle of two cookies.
Mix sugar with kool-ade Add egg and sugar and mix until
creamy. Stir in flour, baking powder
, and until mixed
make several balls of doug and roll out to 1/4" thick on well-floured surface
cut into desired shape with floured cookie cutter.
Place cookies onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. makes 48 cookies.